This week has been great as we have now had confirmation that we will be using Sparx Classroom next year in maths. This is a fantastic online platform, like the Sparx homework tool we already use to teach maths in the academy. Alongside this, we have also been given 100 Chromebook laptop computers to use for this programme, which will start with years 7 and 8 in September.
I am also pleased that we have received our SIAMS (Church Inspection Report). On the 8th and 9th of May, we had a full inspection of our school, looking at all areas – overall effectiveness, quality of care and support, outcomes, Christian ethos and RE education. I am delighted to report that the inspector graded us as a ‘good school’ in all areas. It is great to see the hard work and effort our school community (students, parents, teachers, governors) paying off and this was recognised by an external source.
The report picks up on various areas of school improvement and there is too much to detail here. However, some worthy points of note are:
- The academy’s leadership team works closely with the Ted Wragg Multi-Academy Trust and the Reach Academy Feltham. These partnerships are having a positive impact on the firm and sustainable improvement in, for example, teaching and learning, progress and attainment;
- The chaplain provides a listening ear and practical and prayerful support for staff and pupils in times of need;
- [There is] strong evidence of rapid improvement;
- [There is a] calm and well-focused climate for learning;
- The wellbeing of pupils and staff is given a high priority;
- Strong relationships and effective pastoral support for both children and adults.
You can read the full report here: SIAMS Report May 2019
Of course there is much more to note around the positives and areas for us now to work on to become even better at what we do. Thank you for taking time to read this and your ongoing support with your child’s education at the academy.
My very best wishes,